Welcome

This blog is my record of my journey with my son who had a rare, and eventually fatal metabolic illness. It is the story of the last year and a half of his life, his death, and after. I have shared this journey this in the hopes that is will not only help me come to terms with the realities, but also that someone along the way may find it helpful, as they face a similar journey.







This is my place to comment on events, blow off steam, encourage myself (and maybe you), share frustrations, show my love, grieve my losses, express my hopes, and if I am lucky, maybe figure out some of this crazy place we call life on earth.





The content might sometimes get a little heavy. As an understatement..







WARNING:







People who are grieving may write sad or difficult things and bring you down. This blog may not be for the faint of stomach or of heart. Read with caution and at your own risk.





If you are new to this blog, I suggest reading it from oldest to newest. It isn't necessary, as what I write is complete in itself. But this blog is sort of the result of the "journey" I'm going on, and I think it sort of "flows" better from oldest to newest.



I do hope that in the end you will find, in spite of all the difficult and heartbreaking things, things that are worth contemplating.





Welcome along!





Friday, June 25, 2010

Comments

Ok, it finally happened. I don't know if I should be flattered or annoyed, but I am leaning towards annoyed.

Someone left me an, um, let's just say an inappropriate comment. I'm going to be tactful, and try not to write any other judgements on it than that, which is hard to do when you are annoyed. But I must admit, I am. The blog of a mom with a little boy who is terminally ill should be sort of sacrosanct from an intrusion of someone with their own, completely unrelated and unintelligble adgenda, no???

So, two things: number one, unfortunately I felt compelled to put a preview setting on my comments. You can still comment freely, but it will not show up until I get to read the comments and approve them first.

Number two: please, serious blog readers, continue to comment. I welcome your comments. I love your comments. The preview setting is not to keep you out. I just don't want anyone else to stumble on anything annoying either. The only comments I would ever block are those that are offensive, or just plain gibberish, ok? I think you know what I mean.

So if you are reading this, please cheer me up. Let me know that good and rational and caring people are reading this. Leave me a nice comment. :)

4 comments:

  1. heres a thought.... your blogs are awesome and I WISH I had a mind as brilliant as yours...I mean its to bad that we have to blog about our terminally ill children but thats just what we have to do. Its also very sad that there are people out there who could care less as to leave a nasty idiotic comment on a mom of a terminally ill childs blog.....THEY HAVE NO IDEA! Keep typing Karen =)
    Sarah D

    ReplyDelete
  2. We love you Karen and are thankful that you blog so we can get into your life a little. It helps us know how to pray for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. There are quite often times that I don't understand people and the things they do. I don't think it's a big deal at all for you to approve your comments. Many bloggers do it. Keep on a writin' Karen!

    My only hesitation with leaving comments for you it that I'm worried you'll be to distracted by my poor grammer! :) Ha Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Christina, I promise I would never even notice your grammar. I read these comments with my heart, and not my head! Thanks for commenting. I really appreciate it, and I like it when my blog feels more like a "dialogue" than a "solilique." :)

    ReplyDelete