Welcome

This blog is my record of my journey with my son who had a rare, and eventually fatal metabolic illness. It is the story of the last year and a half of his life, his death, and after. I have shared this journey this in the hopes that is will not only help me come to terms with the realities, but also that someone along the way may find it helpful, as they face a similar journey.







This is my place to comment on events, blow off steam, encourage myself (and maybe you), share frustrations, show my love, grieve my losses, express my hopes, and if I am lucky, maybe figure out some of this crazy place we call life on earth.





The content might sometimes get a little heavy. As an understatement..







WARNING:







People who are grieving may write sad or difficult things and bring you down. This blog may not be for the faint of stomach or of heart. Read with caution and at your own risk.





If you are new to this blog, I suggest reading it from oldest to newest. It isn't necessary, as what I write is complete in itself. But this blog is sort of the result of the "journey" I'm going on, and I think it sort of "flows" better from oldest to newest.



I do hope that in the end you will find, in spite of all the difficult and heartbreaking things, things that are worth contemplating.





Welcome along!





Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Hey, thanks all who read Carolina's blog and responded with support! She is pretty amazing!

She send Joel and Caeden each a really nice pillow which she made for them. Caeden loves his, it has replaced his old pillow with Lightening McQueen on it, because it is "snugglier." And Joel uses his all the time. I think it is pretty amazing when your friend who has lost a child and who knows she is going to lose another, takes the time to make your children pillows.

If you haven't read her blog yet, it is the one right before this entry. And let me put another pitch in for another friend, Jen, who has a blog about her daughter, Lydia. You can connect to it just by clicking on it from my sidebar where it is listed. Check out a few entries. She has the best pictures of Lydia all throughout it.

Thanks everyone for your support in reading and responding to my blog. I appreciated it very much. Today I voted for mowing the lawn (which also helped clean up last years leftover leaves - OOOPS) instead of for writing a "real" blog. But don't worry, more are coming!

No comments:

Post a Comment