Welcome

This blog is my record of my journey with my son who had a rare, and eventually fatal metabolic illness. It is the story of the last year and a half of his life, his death, and after. I have shared this journey this in the hopes that is will not only help me come to terms with the realities, but also that someone along the way may find it helpful, as they face a similar journey.







This is my place to comment on events, blow off steam, encourage myself (and maybe you), share frustrations, show my love, grieve my losses, express my hopes, and if I am lucky, maybe figure out some of this crazy place we call life on earth.





The content might sometimes get a little heavy. As an understatement..







WARNING:







People who are grieving may write sad or difficult things and bring you down. This blog may not be for the faint of stomach or of heart. Read with caution and at your own risk.





If you are new to this blog, I suggest reading it from oldest to newest. It isn't necessary, as what I write is complete in itself. But this blog is sort of the result of the "journey" I'm going on, and I think it sort of "flows" better from oldest to newest.



I do hope that in the end you will find, in spite of all the difficult and heartbreaking things, things that are worth contemplating.





Welcome along!





Sunday, March 20, 2011

Thank you and "Instructions."

I'm going to be my usual blunt and direct self. Forgive my directness, but I'm not going be what I feel is incredibly silly by wishing people knew what I wanted and did it with out my telling them what that is.

So, first of all, thank you to all for your overwhelming love and support. I very much appreciate every single word of love, encouragement, and understanding.

This next part is for the people who live close enough to visit:

Casseroles are welcome. Please don't think you need to wait until after Joel is dead to bring a casserole. Being blunt, once again: After Joel has died, cooking might well be a welcome distraction for me. Right now, cooking is an additional responsibility that takes me away from Joel.

Also, visitors ARE welcome. Very welcome. With the caveat, of course, to phone first, because I prefer them one at a time.

Also, I prefer them DURING THE DAY, if possible. If you really want a visit, and can't come earlier, I might squeeze in a quick evening visit for you. But evenings are mostly for mommy and daddy and Caeden to be with Joel.

But I very honestly welcome anyone to come during the daytime. Even if you need to bring your children. Caeden would love that, and Joel is so used to it that I think it's actually comforting to him to have the noise of children around. So don't hesitate to call about a visit

Ok. So there you have it. I have just told you exactly and directly what I want/need. Don't feel badly, now, if you can't manage it. I understand about jobs, and responsibilities and the like.

Again, thank you for all the prayers. It's hard to explain how great it feels to know that so many people are praying for you, until you have been there yourself.

0000000
Karen

1 comment:

  1. Hi Karen,
    thanks for being blunt, because I was wondering about this...Do you have supper for tonight yet? How about tomorrow? Did Steve let you know that we are here if you would like Caeden to come over? Call and I will pick him up anytime.
    love ya babe, kisses to the little guy.
    Shauna

    ReplyDelete